  From: Pal Anand
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2004 9:54 AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Awesome trading system

  Ed,

  Good to hear from you.  I have always been a Position Trader using
  Mechancial Systems.  I have developed high-performance systems that
  return over 100% per month through effective money-management. Am I
  the only one. No way. It is all to do with money-management, though.
  There-in lies the holy-grail. Those kinds of return are only
  possible using optimum position size based on the Kelly criterion
  combined with a high-performance, high-expectancy system.

  The higher the %wins, the more the Expectancy of your system. Returns
  depend on the position size involved in the trade which inturn
  depends on the total account value, exchange rate, %risk/trade, stop
  loss price, price change/row, value per market unit and the current
  price. Optimize for expectancy without regard to anything else and
  you will find that you will make more profits consistently and all
  measures like CAR, MAR, Sharpe Ratio, Ulcer Index and UPI are taken
  care of.

  Am I a genius? No way. I am the student of the markets and
  a Trading Coach who prepares my students for war in the market with
  traders. I learned a long-time ago that if I want to achieve
  consistent performance, that the market is the genius and my teacher.

  I am of the opinion, the rules of trading are reversed for day-
  trading, for example, day-trading forces one to cut your profits
  short and let your losses run, exactly the opposite of Position
  Trading.  What kind of a insane approach is that.  Better to do
  swing trading.

  These days, few traders find it profitable to scalp or trade
  intraday anymore. Most traders prefer to make swing trades, but
  swing trading can be boring at times. Depending on your total
  capital, it is hard to make too many swing trades and also limit
  risk. You can make only a few trades, and you usually must wait at
  least a few days before you can take any action. Assuming that your
  trade setup isn't completely wrong, it takes a little time to find
  out what happens. All you can do is execute a trade, or a few swing
  trades, and wait. It takes a certain kind of trader to swing trade,
  a patient trader. A scalper, for example, wants to get in and get
  out. Waiting patiently is hard. It's an uneasy feeling. Other
  traders may like to put on trades for excitement, and they just
  can't wait to see what happens. In the meantime, the waiting is
  agony. It can be tedious waiting to see the outcome.

  rgds, Pal

  --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ed nl" <ed2000nl@xxxx> wrote:
  > heeeee, I remember these never ending posts not so long ago that
  claimed mechanical systems with profits of a few 100% a year or was
  it a few 100% a day. Now you have become a position trader ??
  wow !!!! Wonder how much they make!

  > ed

                 Select Your State:AlabamaAlaskaArkansasArizonaCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMissippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew MexicoNew JerseyNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOklahomaOhioOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWashington D.C.West VirginiaWisconsinWyoming

                 PurchaseRefinance