[amibroker] Re: how I get a .js script to execute?

Hi,

AmiBroker doesn't host/execute .js (Javascript) files directly. .js
files are hosted/executed by the ActiveX scripting engine from
Microsoft -- you execute a .js file using either version of the
engine -- cscript.exe or wscript.exe (the only difference is where
output goes. Small note - when you use wscript, every WScript.Echo
("Hello"); command will result in a separate dialog box that you have
to dismiss. When you use cscript, all WScript.Echo("..."); output
streams in the command window.)

By default, when you double-click a .js file in Windows Explorer,
you're executing:

<path of wscript.exe>\wscript.exe <path of your script file>

Now, within AmiBroker, you can add a custom item to the tools menu
(I'm pretty sure -- I'm not at my home PC at the moment) to do just
that. AmiBroker isn't executing the js directly -- it's enabling you
to launch a js script from within it.

Now, if you're not confused, then be sure to look up the whole
concept of intermingling Microsoft script code with AFL code in the
online help. That doesn't sound like what you want, and with the
advanced control structures now in AFL and support for ActiveX
objects, it's much less frequently done. However, it's possible.

Gordon