RE: [amibroker] Re: Automated Trading With Amibroker

Hello Ara,

I have been working with eSignal and the InteractiveBrokers TWS, while at
first I figured that using TWS quotes in my calculations would be better i
have come back from that; I have lately seen major price lags in TWS
"displayed" pricing. I do not know if the displayed prices are the same as
those we would read from the TWS feed but i would expect so. i haven't
performed any thorough testing to compare the data streams. The problem
could be unique to my setup but I have seen columns freeze and bid and aks
prices that make no sense at all. It "appears" that i get many more quotes
from eSignal than from IB. eSignal data has been flowing very nicely.

For this reason i will base my caluclations on eSignal pricing, i.e. those
used by AmiBroker. I use limit orders exclusively and prefer to miss a trade
to getting a bad entry, which i worry about if I were to use TWS data for
calculations. When AB introduces AT it will be the first time I use AT, so
all this is new to me.

best regards,
herman