[amibroker] Re: Time Projection

Ara,
No, subscripts >=barcount will not be accepted [subscript out of
range error].
As I wrote in my previous message, you may import [theoretical]
future data.
An ASCII
20040927,CSCO,18,19,17,18,100000
may be imported to simulate this Monday CSCO data.
After Mondays session, the real data will be written over the
theoretical when you will download your EOD.
Dimitris
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> DT,
>
> thanks ... I always wondered what use the right margin had ... now I
> understand the distinction.
>
> So in order to extend the code drawn studies some dummy data such as
> Close[Barcount]=Close[Barcount-1];  Close[Barcount+1]=Close
[Barcount-1];
> should allow code written projections.
>
> I also assume that when new data comes in, all of the dummy data
will be
> shifted to the right!
>
> QUESTIONS:
>
> 1. Is my above assumption correct?
> 2. Does this work only with AA code or a normal custom indicator as
well?

> My application is to project Pitchfork studies past last data
point... which
> does NOT involve AA window.
>
> Thanks
>
> ara

into
> > the future"
> > We may project studies but custom indicators will not be
projected,
> > except if we import theoretical future data.
> > For a simple verification, draw a study, name it AA, select right
> > extension, select 5 blank bars in Preferences and then add an
> >
> > AA=Study("AA",GetChartID());Plot(AA,"AA",colorBlack,8);
> > statement.
> > The manually drawn AA will go up to the new right end, the code
drawn
> > AA will go up to the last available quote.
> > I hope it is clear.
> > Dimitris
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > I am working with some forcasting methods, primarily with
Pitchfork