[amibroker] Re: All American Exchange Symboks and Industry

ur right. i finally got all the american tickers into my amibroker
with industries and stuff. this is cool as it is my first long script
in long long time.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingo" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:
> based on a quick look: it seems that that program.vbs just
downloads the
> pages to text files.
>
> CleanupTicker.vbs is the one that extracts the info so it would
naturally be
> dependant on the format of the files.

>   _____

Industry

> How dependent is the script on the Reuters page layout format?
>
> Rik

Industry

> > 1. extract all files to e:\tsesectordata\
> > 2. if you want to use a different directory, do a find replace on
all
> > the vbs files in that zipped files to the new directory structure.
> > 3.create a subdirectory called data. this holds the webpages from
> > reuters
> > 4. double click program.vbs. it took 18 hours to download the
data
> > from reuter for 19000 symbols
> > 5. once all the flashing is done, double click on
cleanupticker.vbs
> > 6. it produces the file  cleanuptickeramerican.txt that has the
> > symboks, industry id,sectorname,company name
> >
> > I am in the process of modifying scipts to add this to amibroker.
if
> > anyone does it faster, then i willuse it.
> >
> > Suresh
>

> Check AmiBroker web page at:
> http://www.amibroker.com/
>
> Check group FAQ at:
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129rm3jo8/M=295196.4901138.6071305.300117
6/D=gr

oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1096304959/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:
//comp
> anion.yahoo.com> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
> :HM/A=2128215/rand=849971737>
>

>   _____
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

> *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
>

> *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>

> *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service