[amibroker] Re: question for eSignal users

Yeah, esignal is not without its faults. I recommend you see which
tickers are not loading automatically and suggest deleting ones that
seem to be causing the problem. Delete them, then click SAVE. Empty
the current cache (option in the database creation section of AB).
Manually delete the ticker folder from your Esignal database.

Open AB again and enter the deleted ticker as a new symbol. Try to
load it again. Should be fine.

~B

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ed nl" <ed2000nl@xxxx> wrote:
> no doesn't do the trick. Still have to do a forced download for
each symbol.

> The manual says:
>
> "Usually the plugin automatically handles all backfills so you
don't need to trigger backfills by hand. If the plugin detects that
you have some missing quotes from last available bar till current
date/time it triggers backfills and it is all automatic"

> this however is not what I see. In my database settings I set the
number of bars to 120000. This downloads 1-minute data all the way
back to April 2004. But I still have to force it for each symbol.
Also I have set the "wait for backfill" button on.

> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Ed

containing more than 100 symbols. I just created the Nasdaq-100
database. Question: how can I quickly do a forced download for ALL
symbols?

>     I created a little explore, something like:
>
>     Buy = C > 0;
>     Filter = Buy;
>     AddColumn(C,"C");
>
>     and run it for all symbols, but this does do the trick. It
download only partially. So now I have to do a forced download for
all symbols individually. What is the trick to avoid this?

>     Also, some symbols do not download. Then I shut Amibroker down,
bring it back up and then I can download the data. Why is this?

>     rgds, Ed
>
>     [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

>     Check AmiBroker web page at:
>     http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>     Check group FAQ at:
>

>           Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>       c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.

>   [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>   Check group FAQ at:
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor