From: enzo [mailto:herrfrechdax@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 12:13 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Semi-Newbies remarks and questions!

hello usergroup,

since more than one month i m using the demo-installation of ab,
read all the mails of you, got a lot of interesting stuff and
knowledge about the software.

coming from the sw-business i m knowing what a beta version is and
the sense of it, i did not install that (yet). after this time my
business-partner and i are convinced it is the right software for
our purposes and we will order it. is there a 2-licences contract
available? and, it has been discussed already but i did not an
official statement from AB, how many upgrades are included?

my only fear is, that at a certain time the owners will sell the
rights to an american company, that will change the marketing
policy, combine it with their data-support, ask for a monthly fee
and so on and make us dependent on them as this happened in some
other cases in the world of trading-station business. this would of
course hurt us, then our future AFL code will not be easyly be
convertable to another programming language. but anyway, we decided
to give it a try.

i think my knowledge-level with ab is still at about 20% but
increasing day-by-day, so there are still some questions and for one
basic problem, which is probably simple to handle, i did not found
an answer.
when i apply an indicator or a new pane to the price-chart of a
signal, or i do an overlay of the volume, or i insert a new pane
with a new indicator, it is always done to all charts, panes of all
other signals. this makes not much sense for me. we are trading
currencies, indices and sometimes stocks. a correlation-chart
between two indices makes no sense at all in eg. MSFT or any
currency. we dont find the volume-overlay interesting in dollar/euro
trading (which of course we could not test with the demo-version
anyway, but probably there will be the same effect when this charts
are available with the pro-version).
so how can i prevent the system to include all changes done to one
chart or pane to all of them?
i  guess some of you will laugh now, some will bark and shout out
about this stupid newbie question, but...hey dingo...just delete
this mail or skip it :-)) probably there is a simple explananation
or a link to a video?

i find this video examples great btw!! good idea, dood job! my
complements!

the other question, we have historical rt data from esignal in ascii
format, is there a problem to implement them into ab and go on the
next morning with rt esignal rt datafeed? is there something i got
to know before i do it?

by the way in the AFL-Library i found some nice code as well, but
this statements:

stochKworkaround = STOCH(14);
stochDworkaround = EMA( STOCH(14), 5);

in "Against-All_odds" ends up in  a syntax error.
i would not mention it, but as i write a message to the forum
anyway... so it is not a critic!

i find TJ and his co-workers and many others of you guys do a very
good job and are very helpful, so am happy to share this product
with you in future and we are hoping there will always be a good way
of sharing our knowledge...

best regards
enzo

Check group FAQ at:

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293rt5tl/M=309034.5312427.6491156.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1096128811/A=2349013/R=0/SIG=11ujt3qbm/*http://clic
kserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000005848070> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=309034.5312427.6491156.3001176/D=groups/S=
:HM/A=2349013/rand=890423263>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .