[amibroker] Re: Dragging to indicator pane doesn't work for me

Herman,
We are one [or two] steps before a built-in MeanStochD, MeanRSI etc
d&d indicator !!
One more param reference to the WL/Group/Sector and thatīs it.
Just imagine a 2-step d&d movement to see the MeanStochD for the N100
and your favorite WL1...
Dimitris
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> DT,
>
> the D&D procedure promises to simplify my code significantly. I can
use many
> ParamFields() to pass any number of arrays from (D&D) module to
module.

> I think D&D greatly helps "connect" and simplify cascading code
segments. It
> will reduce naming complexities as we can develop code in modular
form, i
> now pass arrays from one module to another with an invisible plot.
In fact i
> am breaking up lengthy code into smaller modules which i can D&D to
create
> my earlier complex single-code indicator - i am finding new
opportunities
> because it is so easy to cascade indicators: new relationships are
emerging.

> I also find the D&D a time saver as it lets me "play" with
functions and
> indicators in a small fraction of the time it took me to do the
same in
> code. The new procedure is experiencing some growing pains :-) and
some
> users may have to learn some new concepts, but this is what gives
the
> AmiBroker user "the technical edge" needed to do better than
others. It will
> help us develop new trading methodologies - soon we'll have a very
smooth
> code building machine.
>
> Yes, users will have to have a basic appreciation of what they are
doing in
> afl, but so is that the case with trade delays, loops, and a myriad
of other
> techniques. There is a learning curve, but this is not any
different as
> compared with any other TA platform, except that this one has a
future :-)

> best regards,
> herman.

MACD
<Thomas.Ludwig@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > The new AB version is absolutely great.
>   >
>   > But I'm having a big problem when I drag an indicator to an
>   indicator pane
>   > containing, say, RSI. In the price field of the context menu the
>   close
>   > appears and I can change that to open, high, low, volume and
OI -
>   but not
>   > to RSI! So the new indicator is calculated for the wrong data.
>   >
>   > Am I the only one having this problem? Any solution?
>   >
>   > Greetings, Thomas
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/