Re: [amibroker] Great New Features -- and a Question

Hi Tomasz,

Monday, September 20, 2004, 5:45:12 AM, you wrote:

TJ> Do NOT add new indicator from IB before dragging and do NOT drag
TJ> to IB formula window (as this will only replace (load) the
TJ> formula and nothing more).

TJ> The real merit is about using new drag and drop
TJ> WITHOUT opening IB at all !

But I finally, after all these years, got *used* to IB.  <vbg>

TJ> Instead DOUBLE CLICK on indicator in the chart tree
TJ> to add formula as NEW indicator and
TJ> drag onto the chart to get overlay.

TJ> In other words just follow
TJ> VIDEO TUTORIAL:
TJ> http://www.amibroker.net/video/dragdrop1.html

Seriously, I guess the best thing for me to do now, since the IB
window may vanish in future editions, is to save all my formulae
there to AFL files, and dump them in the appropriate Formulas sub
folder.  I have numerous indicators and charts that exist only in IB,
never having been saved to an actual separate file.

In the early days of using AB I used to accidentally overwrite stuff,
but I long ago learned how to avoid that and got used to it (and my
daily backups get the entire Amibroker tree, so I was never in danger
of losing something unless I overwrote it as above).

Seems I have an immediate work load (saving these indicators from IB
and getting them into charts via the new system), but perhaps that is
best for the future. It's certainly going to get you new users I
think, particularly Metastock users. Initially, I was pretty
confounded by the AB way of doing things. New users coming from MS
from this point will have a *much* easier transition.

BTW, somebody told me that the newest MS (version 9 or 10, I don't
know) will not run without the .NET framework.  Please, oh please, do
not ever go that route.

Yuki