Re: [amibroker] Re: Value Area

It is  not stricly 70% of the range, but one standard deviation around the
Point of Control. POC is the fairest price of the day, price at which most
volume occurred (if you are computing volume profile) or where most TPOs
accumulate (where volume is not available or you are making a TPO profile).
One SD approximates to 70%, but this 70% can be anywhere in the daily range.
There is no rule that says the time brackets have to be 30 minutes, although
this is how the CBOT market profile is structured. You can use any time
bracket to build the profile.

If TJ can provide a function to manipulate volume at price (VAP) with the
ability to draw this on an intraday basis (volume at price overlay starts
afresh each day). At least for the markets where volume is available (which
is most of them except the pit traded futures), it will be possible to
derive the profile real time and also have the profiles of prior days
available for reference. To be useful, one must be able to build multiday
profiles, i.e.gather the volume  by price for any arbitrary period. Even for
EOD version, VAP for specific periods will be useful for those analyze
volume data.

Most of the functionality is already there, as VAP is built on the basis of
visible bars. It just needs user specified time period/duration, provide
some way of reading the data (price and volume) and the ability to cusomize
the display in AFL (color some bars and print values e.g).

Geo