[amibroker] Re: Advance Decline Line ATTN: DMcleod

Joe,

I appreciate the help. This will work on a single composite run but I
am trying to do all the sectors in one shot just as you can build
them using SectorID() all with one run if that makes sense.

I found in the archives how to do that but there seems to be nothing
on how to make the AD Lines using the same type of procedures.  I
guess I could make a list using SectorID() == 1 etc but I thought
there might be an easier way.

I have sent a few hours on the archives and I may dig something but
it sure is not the easiest thing to sort through.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxxx> wrote:
> I didn't try to see what was happening with your code, but here's a
code fragment from the Clearwater School that will develop the

> advancing issues and declining issues as well as new highs and new
lows (note the original author used 60 bars or 6 weeks).

Lows==========================================

> AddToComposite(IIf(High > HHV(Ref(High, -1), 30), 1,
0), "~NDXNewHighs", "X");

> AddToComposite(IIf(Low < LLV(Ref(Low, -1), 30), 1,
0), "~NDXNewLows", "X");

> //===================Advance/Decline Issues
>
> AddToComposite(IIf(Close - Ref(Close, -1) > 0, 1,
0), "~NDXAdv", "X" );

> AddToComposite(IIf(Ref(Close, -1) - Close > 0, 1,
0), "~NDXDec", "X" );

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,

> NASADV=Foreign("~NDXAdv","X");
>
> NASDECL = Foreign("~NDXDec","X");
>
> DIFF = NASADV-NASDECL;
>
> Plot(NASADV,"NAS(Grn)",8,2);
>
> Plot(-NASDECL,"NAS(Red)",4,2);
>
> Plot(MA(Diff,10),"10dayMA",1,4);
>
> Plot(0,"",colorLightBlue,1);
>
> Title = "NASDAQ Adv(Green) & Decl(Red),Net10day MA";

Decline
>   line for each sector.
>
>   I have the following code but this does not create a cumulative
line
>   which is what I am trying to do.
>
>   //creates advance /decline by sector composite
>
>   up=C>Ref(C,-1);
>   dn=C<Ref(C,-1);
>   ADln=(up-dn);
>   Ad="~AD"+SectorID(1);
>   AddToComposite(ADln,AD,"C");
>   Buy=Sell=Short=Cover=0;
>
>   I tried using Cum(ADln); etc but I am not really sure how all of
this
>   works together yet. Still a newbie grasping for a clue....
>
>   Thanks
>
>   DM
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/