Re: [amibroker] computer Memory usage

I forgot to mention that the maximum time span that needs to be examined is 45 days, the processor is an AMD 1000 and there is 768 MB of RAM that is NOT DDR. The computer is a PowerSpec from Microcenter bought in early 2002. Ron D
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: mrdavis9
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 11:00 AM
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] computer Memory usage

  I am running some custom smoothing code on EOD data, and this smoothing code is used for actual trading purposes, not for backtesting.

  There are 230 different ema's, and all of these ema's are AFL functions, as opposed to price or volume. The  average number of bars in each of these 230 AFLfunctions is 23, which gives a total of 6290 bars that have to be examined for each day that the code is run.

  What values should I have for IN MEMORY CACHE, and NUMBER OF BARS TO LOAD  in Preferences>data.

  Remember, this only for finding real life trading setups, not for backtesting.  TIA for any suggestions.  Ron D