Re: [amibroker] Any Indicator = empty

Hello murthysuresh,

Most of the indicators should work without any problems. i.e. RSI OBV
but the AD-Line is different.
Before you can use the AD-Line you will need to configure some base
indexes for each market of interest and then run the calculate
composite tool.
(I'll use the Nasdaq market as an example, if you don't have a Nasdaq
market, use the market that you have available)

1) Configuring the base index ticker for each market:
My ticker name for the Nasdaq index is !COMP, this ticker is
supplied to me by my data provider (QuotesPlus).
You need to set this ticker as an AmiBroker index by right clicking on the ticker in the
workspace, then select Information and tick the Index box.
You also need to make sure this ticker is in the Nasdaq market by
selecting Nasdaq from the Market drop down list box. Click OK

2) Setting the base indexes for the market composites:
Main menu--Symbol\Categories\Market\Composites
Click on the market (Nasdaq) and select the !COMP from the drop down
composite list box. Click OK

3) Perform the composite recalculation:
Main menu--Symbol\Calculate Composites
Click the Delete button.
Tick the Number of Advancing/Declining Issues box.
Select Last n Quotes and enter the number of bars (i.e 252 for one year with daily data).
Select Nasdaq from This Market drop down list box.
Click Calculate button.

You should now see the AD-Line in the chart pane for all stocks in the AmiBroker Nasdaq
Market.

Regards,
William Peters
www.amitools.com

m> When i use any indicator, the pane shows =Empty. I added the Ad-Line
m> indicator and it comes back with a empty pane.
m> I currently use the US-STocks and have loaded data since 1970 from
m> Yahoo.

m> I am a new user and maybe doing something wrong. Actually i read
m> through all the macromedia presentations and hope i am doing the
m> right thing.