Re: [amibroker] any futures simulator?

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Validating Crossings with the angle between the lines.
  • From: "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 05:53:39 -0700

DT,

haven't had a chance to do any testing, however i intended to use the angle
crieria on crossing indicators, not prices. For example if two MAs are
almost horizontal but cross slightly during a consolidation phase we can get
whipsawed in/out of the trade. In this case qualifying the crossing with a
minimum angle would postpone the signal untill it is more significant. It is
just an idea i wanted to investigate...the mentioning of High and Low prices
was just to provide a simplified statement for the problem to be solved.

Thanks for you thoughts,
herman.