RE: [amibroker] 3D charts from the AA and Indicators

Ed,
The code I sent will give you the number of issues in a list selected
using a filter in AA graphically when you plot it.  If you really want
to see the numbers in AA then you will have to define each column as a
separate day. (which you already described).

You might try exporting the data to a spreadsheet after creating it
using AddToComposite if you want to see the numbers without having to
define columns in AA.  Beyond that, I am at a loss as to how to
accomplish what you want to do.
Regards,
Ed
Ed wrote:

>Ed,
>
>Thank you for your response. I don't have difficulty identifying
>those stocks in specific industries that are above their 20/50/...
>day MA. I'm looking for a way to be able to run an exploration that
>will give me more than one days worth of numbers of tickers above
>their MAs while seeing multiple days at once. That's why I'm wanting
>to have multiple columns in the reporting that represents days. Do
>you understand where I'm coming from? Thanks again.
>
>Ed
>
>--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, E Winters <e.winters1@xxxx> wrote:
>

>>Ed,
>>Try starting with this code and run it against the list of stocks
>>

>you
>

>>want to count
>>
>>// Calculate whether issue is above selected moving averages
>>Over50=(C>EMA(C,50)) ;
>>Over200=(C>EMA(C,200)) ;
>>
>>// Create composites for moving average breadth for all issues
>>AddToComposite(Over50,"~MA050","X");
>>AddToComposite(Over200,~$MA200","X");
>>
>>The code will create composites with daily counts of all the
>>

>stocks scanned.
>

>>Regards,
>>Ed
>>
>>Ed wrote:
>>

>>>I'm hoping someone can help me out by suggesting some AFL code. I
>>>want to analyze sectors by numbers of stocks within specific
>>>

>sectors
>

>>>that are above or below their 20 day MA over a number of periods.
>>>Gathering numbers manually is time consuming for all the sectors,
>>>

>so
>

>>> <>I'm wondering if there is code that I can add on to the following:
>>>
>>> Filter=C>MA(C,20);
>>>
>>> NumColumns = X;
>>>
>>> Column0 = Date1;
>>> Column1 = Date2;