  From: Terry [mailto:MagicTH@xxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 10:15 PM
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Help with entry price? (for Ed)

  Chuck,

  Seems like you just need to keep track of whether you have an open Buy
  signal and, if so, do not update the exit level in the sell_proc. This
must
  be done inside a loop. I have some code if youčd like to see it. Since
  youčre in town, you could just come over.

  Observation on quick review, the //initialise arrays sets everything to 0
  except the BuyPrice. Seems like a hard way to 0 the arrays as if something
  else was intended.

  Terry
  --

  > Ed,
  >
  > Thanks so much for taking the time to work on this for me.  I've been
  > working with it for several hours and I still have one problem that I
can't
  > solve.
  >
  > Refreshing your memory as to what this system does:
  >
  > a.  It buys at the open tomorrow if the close today is below some
bollinger
  > band level.
  > b.  It sells at the first profitable close.
  >
  > The problem arises when there is a fresh "buy" signal prior to getting a
  > sell.  It nicely ignores the buy signal, since it is already long, but
it
  > establishes a new entry price based on the "buy" signal that is
ignoring.

  > I'm stumped.
  >
  > Any ideas?
  >
  > Thanks