Re: [amibroker] Relative Strength Comparitive and ROC (newbie)

Hi Brian, thanks for your interest in this code. It comes from a
newsletter I subscribe to here in Australia. The code has been
devised for a "always in" system for the ASX 200 ie go long on the
crossover and short when it re-crosses.

I started trying to just convert the indicator code over to AB and
then hopefully convert the whole system over to AB.....but as you
can tell...my understanding of code is very poor!

Maybe you could help convert the rest for me? Here's the rest of the
code below.

Close Short & Enter long
Value:=Mov(PDI(44)-MDI(44),5,E);
Trigger:=Mov(Mov(PDI(44)-MDI(44),5,E),3,E);
Value>Trigger AND Ref(Value,-1)<=Ref(Trigger,-1)

Close Long & Enter Short
Value:=Mov(PDI(44)-MDI(44),5,E);
Trigger:=Mov(Mov(PDI(44)-MDI(44),5,E),3,E);
Value<Trigger AND Ref(Value,-1)>=Ref(Trigger,-1)

The newsletter also goes on about optimizing the code to fine tune
the signals............but I haven't a clue on how to do the basic
system...never mind optimizing it :-)

So Brian...if you can cast your eye over the above and convert the
system over to AB...that would be much appreciated :-)

Cheers Bruiser