Re: [amibroker] Help with entry price? (for Ed)

Hi Kris,

If you look up RelStrength in the CHM
archives(http://www.amibroker.com/listarchive.html), I think you will find
your answer; one excerpt, from Tomasz:

<clip>
1. Yes you can, but please remember about two things:
  a) RelStrength() function needs an index ticker to compare to, for example
"XAO" (ASE all ordinaries index)
  b) RelStrength() values are not normalized, so they are different for each
stock. This means that you can only get resonable results if you check for
rising/falling RelStrength or if you detect a new high or new low. Absolute
levels (such as 1) do not work.

2. Use graph1 = RelStrength( "XAO" ); to generate relative strength of
currently selected stock compared to the index.

3. Comparative Relative Strength is calculated by simply DIVIDING the
closing price of currently selected stock by the closing price of BASE stock
(usually an index):

    RELSTRENGTH = CLOSE / CLOSE_OF_BASE_STOCK;
<clip>

HTH,

-john