[amibroker] Daily Pivot points from MT to AFL.

Assuming for a minute that one could construct an NN of some flavor
to actually produce respectable results in sample and following that
it actually tested well out of sample, the problem beyond that is
that one is still trading a black box.  If one likes black boxes the
back pages of TASC and Futures are filled with them.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm afraid I have to agree about the worthlessness of NN.  Here in
> Japan, with *very* powerful computers, people have attempted to use
> NNs to extract money from the stock market.  The market has
extracted
> money from them instead.  Mostly, the effort here has been abandoned
> until sometime in the future when there is some kind of fundamental
> change in computing power.  Other than that, there are the usual
> collection of hustlers selling black boxes that are just about
> guaranteed to be next to worthless.
>
> The idea that these programs can "learn" in any real sense is simply
> not true. Not in any real sense, and not compared to even how
> chimpanzees learn, let alone human beings.  The state of computing
> does not appear to be anywhere near this realm yet.  Maybe in
another
> (human) generation or more.
>
> Yuki
>
> Sunday, September 5, 2004, 10:32:07 AM, you wrote:
>
> m> I also vote NO on Neural Networks.  The Neural network you were
> m> born with is thousands of times better than any digital Neural
> m> network can ever be.  We simply fail to use it as well as
Einstein