[amibroker] Applystop - Q not in manual.

Dimitris

I have to say I am as impressed with this as I am with the Athens Olympics.
Thank you for the time and effort you put into this.

The second group of formulae are a lot faster than the first.

Seems to work well on some charts, less well on others.
It seems that the selection of the initial trough is the critical thing here.
I need to find a way to alter the last trough selection point. There is a lot of code here for this newbie to get his head around, but I will play with this and see if I can get the hang of it.

Thank you again

Chrisb

DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS <TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And here is the complete formula

//Best-fit parabolics
Plot(C,"C",1,64);
perc=5;//sensitivity calibration
x=BarIndex();xx=LastValue(x);
//Best-fit parabolic from the last Peak
t1=LastValue(ValueWhen(PeakBars(H,perc)==0,x));
H1=LastValue(ValueWhen(PeakBars(H,perc)==0,H));
PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow*(x==t1),colorRed);
t=x-t1;diff1=H1*(xx-t1);f1=0;f2=2;fa=0;fb=0;step=0.01;
for(f=f1;f<f2;f=f+step)
{
parabolic=H1-f*t^2;
diff=LastValue(Sum(abs(parabolic-H),xx-t1));
if(diff<diff1)
{
diff1=diff;fa=f;
}
}
for(f=Max(fa-step,0);f<fa+step;f=f+0.1*step)
{
parabolic=H1-f*t^2;
diff=LastValue(Sum(abs(parabolic-H),xx-t1));
if(diff<diff1)
{
diff1=diff;fb=f;
}
}
Plot(IIf(x>t1,H1-fb*t^2,-1e10),"",colorRed,1);
//Best-fit parabolic from the last Trough
t11=LastValue(ValueWhen(TroughBars(L,perc)==0,x));
H11=LastValue(ValueWhen(TroughBars(L,perc)==0,L));
PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow*(x==t11),colorBrightGreen);
t=x-t11;diff11=H11*(xx-t11);f11=0;f21=2;fa1=0;fb1=0;step=0.01;
for(f=f11;f<f21;f=f+step)
{
parabolic1=H11+f*t^2;
diff1=LastValue(Sum(abs(parabolic1-L),xx-t11));
if(diff1<diff11)
{
diff11=diff1;fa1=f;
}
}
for(f=Max(fa1-step,0);f<fa1+step;f=f+0.1*step)
{
parabolic1=H11+f*t^2;
diff1=LastValue(Sum(abs(parabolic1-L),xx-t11));
if(diff1<diff11)
{
diff11=diff1;fb1=f;
}
}
Plot(IIf(x>t11,H11+fb1*t^2,-1e10),"",colorBrightGreen,1);
Title=Name() +", f_desc="+WriteVal(fb,1.3)+", f_asc="+WriteVal
(fb1,1.3);

The most recent line is the most important.
Dimitris
PS:Another interesting idea would be to plot parabolics from Peak to
Trough and from Trough to Peak.
Any thoughts ?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>