  From: Michael.S.G.
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2004 1:47 AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Off Topic - Very Nice Software

  Im making the migrating........ And it feels good!

  A large number of people are migrating away from clumsy/bloated microsoft
  programs,
    Here are some links for very high quality (Akin to AB quality IMHO)
  software to
  replace your existing microsoft suite of apps. Plus a few more handy utilities.

  Office Suite : OpenOffice
  For your MS office suite, Use www.openoffice.org The entire suite is a mere
  65mb
  download - And contiains everything MS office does - Plus MORE.

  Word            =       Writer (Documents can also be saved as PDF files)
  Excel           =       Calc
  Powerpoint      =       Impress (Presentations can also be saved as FLASH
  files)

  Also, OpenOffice comes with:
           Math Formula editor
           HTML Editor
           Draw Package
           Master Doc
           Seamless Database/Document integration
           Loads & Saves MS office formats.

  (Word's HTML editor doesn't count - You know why......)

  DownloadManager : FDM
  Those that use download managers like getright, gozilla etc. may want to
  switch to http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/   It's truely one hell of a
  great program.
  (No catches - No Adware - No registration or sending your email or anything)

  Webrowser : Firefox
  For Secure and a much better Web Browsing Experience, Use
  This is by far the best Browser available IMHO. (Lots of others agree too)

  EMail : Thunderbird
  Im yet to make the migration from my existing EMAIL package to
  (I have been too busy exploring all the cool functions of OpenOffice!)
           A close friend has reported that his Eudora migration of some 4000
  messages
  ported across to thunderbird.           Thunderbirds are GO!

  Hope this is helpfull for some.......
           ATB
            Michael.S.G.

  ---