[amibroker] Re: Watchlist sorting

Hi Terry,

Sunday, August 15, 2004, 8:29:37 AM, you wrote:

T> Yuki,

T> When I have more time Išll read your question in detail.

T> A quick tip is that Excel allows you to have a PERSONAL macro. You can save
T> any macro here and it is not save with the workbook macros. I is save in a
T> file called Personal.xls located in C:\Documents and
T> Settings\~user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\Personal.xls where ~user is
T> your login name.

Thanks much.  Everything under control now.

>> So, to be as clear as I can about this, the following procedure
>> needs to be automated as best as possible:
>>
>> 1) Save as
>> 2) Scroll down the file type list to CSV files
>> 3) Agree to an overwrite pop up dialog
>> 4) Agree to a "give up incompatible formatting" pop up dialog
>> 5) Close the cvs file (or close Excel) which means . . .
>> 6) Agree to save changes (weird, but yes, every time)
>> 7) Agree to "give up formatting" (why this duplication?)
>> 8) Now we are finally good for AB to import
>>
>> I would love to be able to handle the first 7 steps with a macro, but
>> I can't figure out how to do it.  ^_^

I don't know why I didn't think of my macro program 'Automate' right
off the bat, but I didn't.  I *used* the program every day to load
new dates into the Downloader.  But I had not written a macro in it
for years, and like programming, my mind just doesn't work that way;
it has to be hand-held.  ^_^  Funny how that is.  I have a very good
sense for when to take and when to avoid a trade.  But I can't solve
other problems to save my soul, even when the solution is pretty
close at hand.  I've always been like that.

Yuki