Re: [amibroker] Re: editing default.format

Make sure you send your recommend to him..... I like using tick data
also over timeframe data...

Mark

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Scott Cong <scong@xxxx> wrote:
> jehmac wrote:
>
> > Amibroker does not save bid/ask information so you cannot plot
it.

> > The ability to plot and backtest using tick data along with
bid/ask
> > information data would be a great feature. If it can be
implemented
> > in the software architecture of AB, this would be an excellent
> > differentiator for the product.
> >

> > jehmac
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "treliff" <treliff@xxxx> wrote:
> > > I'm using the standard edition but the availability of the new
> > > GetRTData function definitely had me upgrade to professional,
> > > expecting it to enable me to plot Bid and Ask charts, or
better:
> > use
> > > Bid and Ask in indicator definitions.
> > >
> > > Contrary to the function description info I DO retrieve the
real-
> > > time Bid/Ask data in the standard edition, however using simply
> > >
> > > Bid = GetRTData("Bid");
> > > Plot(Bid,"Bid",colorGreen);
> > >
> > > I find only a horizontal line shifting up and down adjusting
only
> > > the LAST Bid value. Yes, indeed the function description says
> > >
> > > "
> > > Retrieves the LAST (the most recent) value of the following
fields
> > > reported by streaming real time data source:
> > > "Ask" - current best Ask price
> > > "AskSize " - current Ask size
> > > "Bid" - current best Bid price
> > > "BidSize " - current Bid size
> > > etc.
> > > "
> > >
> > > Now I used the IB feed, but I am wondering:
> > > - Since eSignal and QCharts do save previous Bid and Ask data
> > > on their servers, does using these feeds make it possible to
plot
> > > true Bid/Ask charts, and/or use Bid/Ask data in indicator
> > > definitions?
> > > - Or is there something here that the professional version can
> > > do while the standard can not?
> > > - Or can I somehow enable saving previous Bid/Ask data in
> > > AmiBroker?
> > >
> > > Thanks for any suggestions or advice.
> > >
> > > -treliff
> >

> > Check AmiBroker web page at:
> > http://www.amibroker.com/
> >
> > Check group FAQ at:
> >

> > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> > click here

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129b5ha82/M=298184.5285298.6392945.30011
76/D=groups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1092504174/A=2164330/R=0/SIG=11eamf8g
4/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183350>

> > *Yahoo! Groups Links*
> >
> >     * To visit your group on the web, go to:
> >
> >     * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
subject=Unsubscribe>