RE: [amibroker] Re: Signal Breakdown Analysis

Hi Ara,

AK> Yuki,

AK> Best to use a simple editor like notepad.

AK> If you use word, save it as text only or text with line breaks

Thanks Ara.  I *think* I need to do this, but I'm not sure.  I've
actually gotten Excel to act as a kind of surrogate Downloader.  Now
I just need to see if I can get rid of some of the overhead.

I created a file called Master.csv.  It is basically a template file
that I would update intraday/EOD, as I do now with the Downloader.
But instead of having my database set to the MS plugin, I'd change it
to local database, and import these daily additions.

Some things that would make life easier:

1) Limiting the number of columns in an Excel spreadsheet.  Right
now, the cursor goes to the cell on the right when I enter.  But when
I get to column number 7 (volume), I'd like to have the cursor move
down to the next row (even if it was at the beginning of the row),
rather than move to column 8, which is nothing.  So, I'd like to
limit this spreadsheet to 7 columns.

2) When I save this spreadsheet after updating, I get numerous
warnings.  But none of them interfere with AB's ability to import. So
I'd like to know how to turn the warnings off or eliminate them.  For
example, when I save the spreadsheet right now, I get a "may have
features incompatible with CSV" notice.  I select 'Yes', and it's
fine.  But . . . when I close the file (immediately, no additional
edits), I get a 'Do you want to save' dialog (I just DID save, for
goodness sake) and another "may have features" warning.  Eliminating
some or all of these warnings would be nice.

3) I think I have to edit format.default, or maybe just use the
wizard to overwrite it.  I used the wizard to import, and I can set
it up, and even saved the formatting to format1.default.  But, it
loads format.default each time, so unless I want to fuss with it on
each import (I do not) I think I have to edit default.format.

Do you understand any of this?  ^_^

Yuki