Re: [amibroker] Re: Heads up with XP SP-2 and Metastock Downloader

Hi all:
I have noted a number of posts recently on Downloaders and EOD data.
Yes, I have used the HQuotes downloader with MetaStock and had a lot
of problems with it.  Also used (am an still using ) Yahoo free
data.  About 6 months ago when everyone was having trouble with Yahoo
I tried MSOdata on a free 30 day trial and have been using it since.
It downloads about 13,000 stocks into an  ASCII file (takes less than
2 minutes with dial up). You then download from that file into
AmiBroker through the Wizard (another 2 minutes) and you are up
dated.  So far I've found the data quite reliable.  It includes
stocks, indexes, futures, COT and Funds (Funds are not udated until
next day).  Mike Zambeck President of MSOdata came to our AmiBroker
users group meeting last Monday and is very interested in working
with Tomasz in providing a direct download so as to bypass the Wizard
and be able to update data with corrections (splits, mergers etc.).
Cost of this service is less than $9.00 a month.  You can check them
out at www.msodata.com..  This certainly is not a commercial but just
a report on another source of data.  Good luck.

Dick H