Re: [amibroker] Re: DTN IQ

Thanks Jason and Stefan but... ;-)

My problem is not to create my watch list, I already have it. It
contains more than 250 tickers and I want to assign a "particular"
industry to all these (same industry for these 250 stocks).
You'll quickly understand that the manual assignment of this
industry one by one to each of the 250 stocks using the Edit
Properties is a nightmare (especially since I'd like to make the
same with two or three other watch lists containing also more than
200 stocks each !).

As for the last idea, I'm not using US stocks, but french ones ;-)

So if anybody else has a better way than doing this one by one, he's
welcome :-)

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jean-Yves

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sgfuchs" <sgfuchs@xxxx> wrote:

> You can copy exploration results ( symbols ) directly into a
> watchlist. Just mark them and rightclick for the popup menu,
choose
> copy selected symbols to....
>
> No need to copy symbols from an exploration list to notepad first !
>
> Industry assignments - if you use the US stocks database in AB,
> assignments should already be in your system.
>
> Rightclick on a symbol and choose "information" . The window
popping
> up will inform you about any assignments.
>
> This information is stored in AB. Read the manual section about
> working with Sectors and Industries / Database management.
>
> If you messed up your database
> you can read this :
> http://www.amibroker.com/docs/ab305.html
> and download an exe file USStocksdatabase. This is selfextracing
and
> adds a new database to AB which can access via database setting
> files.
>
> It's the same assignment database as used by Yahoo Finance /
Reuters