[amibroker] Attachments now are OFF again

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] attn: optoins players ----- new feature suggestedto AB
  • From: Terry <MagicTH@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:35:50 -0700
  • Title: Re: [amibroker] attn: optoins players ----- new feature suggested to AB

Gary,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I cannot make it work. Seems to me this would require recursion which is not allowed with AB functions or it requires a loop for which I cannot find non-array functions such as Day, Date, DayOfWeek.

Signed Stumped.
--

Terry,

If the trade day is null (ie. doesn't exist, just test for null and assign the alternate expiration date.

Regards,
Gary

Terry <MagicTH@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I searched PureBytes archives for a formula to detect options expiration dates...none found. I have the following, but it does not find expiration weeks that do not have a trade on Friday as in April, 2003 (for ^OEX). Any suggestions?

expiry = IIf(DayOfWeek()==5 AND Day() > 14  AND Day() < 22,True,False);