Re: [amibroker] attn: optoins players ----- new feature suggested to AB

http://www.itginc.com/research/russ/04/

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxxx> wrote:
> Keith - I think I got my first list from the Russell site, pre July
adjustment.  Don't know how good the TC2000 data supply is in your
opinion but I think they're pretty good.

> Here's the ticker list of component stocks from TC2000. In this one
there are 1979 and I've counted them 2 different ways in AB, I know
the composite it working for the current date.

> JOE

are you using for a data source, TC2000 or something else?  Also
where did you get your Rut2000 list from?

>   Smitty --
>   You have a good point regarding name changes, etc.  However, I
would think that more than 80% of the stocks in todays Rut2000 were
in existence, with the same name, only 4 1/2 years ago.  And less
than 92% right now??

>   Anyone --
>   Any ideas on how I might generate a list of the symbols in my
Rut2000 Watch List that were either found or not found on any
particular day?  That might help me understand this weirdness.

>   Thanks for your help.
>   -- Keith
>
>   Joe Landry wrote:
>     Keith
>     I count my Rut2000 stocks the same way using the same AFL
statement but I get a count of 1895 all the way back to 1990, a flat
line.
>     AddToComposite(Volume,"~RUTVol","X");
>
>     AddToComposite(1, "~RUTcount", "X");
>
>     On a first cut I would say it's survivorship, a conclusion
you've probably come to also. The stocks in the Russell 2000 list
today were not in the list in 1984.

>     JOE

1),30),1,0),"~RUTNewHighs", "X");
>       AddToComposite(IIf(L < LLV(Ref(Low,-
1),30),1,0),"~RUTNewLows", "X");
>       AddToComposite(1,"~RUTCount", "X");
>       Buy = Close > 100000;
>
>       When I plot "~RUTCount" vs time, I get values that smoothly
increase
>       from 335 on 1/4/1984 to 1592 on 1/3/2000 to 1831 on 8/6/2004
(last
>       Friday).  I would expect major steps every six months or so,
but not
>       smoothly increasing like this.  Also, I would expect full
2000 for
>       recent data.  I downloaded my list of stocks from Russell on
7/6/2004.

>       Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?
>

>       Check AmiBroker web page at:
>       http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>       Check group FAQ at:
>

>       Check AmiBroker web page at: