Re: [amibroker] Tick bars

Joe  --
I find it interesting that we do not get the same count.  What are you
using for a data source, TC2000 or something else?  Also where did you
get your Rut2000 list from?

Smitty --
You have a good point regarding name changes, etc.  However, I would
think that more than 80% of the stocks in todays Rut2000 were in
existence, with the same name, only 4 1/2 years ago.  And less than 92%
right now??

Anyone --
Any ideas on how I might generate a list of the symbols in my Rut2000
Watch List that were either found or not found on any particular day?
That might help me understand this weirdness.

Thanks for your help.
-- Keith

Joe Landry wrote:

  Keith
  I count my Rut2000 stocks the same
way using the same AFL statement but I get a count of 1895 all the way
back to 1990, a flat line.

  AddToComposite<font
 size="1">(Volume,"~RUTVol"<font
 size="1">,"X"<font
 size="1">);

  AddToComposite<font
 size="1">(1,
  "~RUTcount",
  "X");

  On a first cut I would say it's
survivorship, a conclusion you've probably come to also. The stocks in
the Russell 2000 list today were not in the list in 1984.

JOE