Re: OS RE: [amibroker] FireFox Safe & Easier to Navigate.

Hi Tomasz,

The problem is that NONE of the arrows are present from the missing
day until present.  So, if one has one data hole in the year 2000,
then AB does not provide any signals from the data hole until
present -- 4 years in this case -- just because of one data hole in
2000.  I certainly can and am using PlotShapes and this is how I
found the problem in the first place.

I believe it is appropriate to show the signal for all Buy and Sell
dates with maybe a different color (purple and not red; blue and not
green) on the Price chart for data hole days.  In this way, one can
evaluate (say) market timing signals and how they work on selected
security symbols and then know that a hole (or two) may be present
resulting in further investigation.  Something like this would help
one move forward positively.  The signal may not be appropriate for
the security due to the data hole, but one will not be able to
determine this without some feedback regarding the impact that Pad
had on the analysis.

Thanks again for the help.  I still hope that something can be done
to help in this regard.

Kindest regards,

Bert

> Hello,
>
> As of now, you can use PlotShapes in conjunction with
Foreign/PlotForeign to achieve effect you want.
> However, those signals on padded data are not tradeable anyway.
Therefore actually lack of arrows is _correct_
> and what may be changed in the future is removing signals on padded
(non existing) data from AA list at all.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com
PRICE CHART

>   Tomasz,
>
>   Thanks and I agree.  Still, I am hopeful that a future release of
AmiBroker will show ALL Buy and Sell signals on the Price Chart
consistent with the Tables provided via exploration and backtesting.
This is not the case today and such a change would be helpful.  Do
you understand?

>   Bert
>
>   Tomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:
>     Bert,
>
>     Using padding has certain implications if your database has
data holes.

>     Specifically padding may introduce "padded" bars that do not
really exist
>     in the price data series. If given bar does not exist then it
is NOT shown in the chart.
>     It is logical, isn't it?
>
>     Padding should only be used when it is absolutely needed, i.e.:
>     - backtesting systems using general market timing (signals
based on some broad index)
>     - creating composites from data that has lots of holes
>
>     In all other situations it is recommended NOT to use padding.
>
>     Best regards,
>     Tomasz Janeczko
>     amibroker.com
CHART

>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > Recently, I imported a signal into AmiBroker for BackTesting
>     > purposes.  I ran the signal on a number of indexes and
noticed that
>     > the Buy and Sell signals were listed in both the Exploration
and
>     > BackTest tables, BUT not ALL of the signals showed up on the
build-in
>     > Price Chart.  With some investigation, I found that I was
missing one
>     > day of data in the year 2000 for price chart several symbols
and it
>     > so happened that this was the same day that a Buy signal
existed from
>     > the imported signal.  As it turned out, by using Pad, both
the
>     > Exploration and BackTest tables displayed Buy and Sell
signals after
>     > this year 2000 date.  However, the actual Price chart did NOT
display
>     > any of the Buy or Sell signals from this year 2000 date to
present.
>     >
>     > I sent notice to AmiBroker Support asking if this changed in
a future
>     > release.  I would like the tables and charts to be consistent.
>     >
>     > Bert
>     >
>     >