Re: [amibroker] Re: Comment From a newbie

Just forgot to mention with my reply to Dave :

Tomasz, TC2000 ( and QP for that matter ) have already built in sector
and Industrygroup composites. I can of course display them and do all
kinds of TA on the data. What I cannot do however, is to use the stock
assignments to these groups for automatic performance comparisons.

I found a workaround in letting AB calculate these composites again
and use these AB composites for perfomance comparisons and charts ,
but it would be certainly much easier and less time consuming ( update
of AB composites after updating data ) to use the TC2000 Media-General
Groups as the come from Worden.

Here's an AFL code I use for the Performance chart, comparison between
the stock, it's Industrygroup and the sector. It works well and I have
only to click on a stock symbol in AB Database to get this performance
chart.

Again, I'd like to use sector and IG data from TC2000 instead of
having calculated them again in AB.

Maybe you have an idea how to achieve this.

This code is for the artificial AB composites ( IG's ). Of course, one
has to run the "addtocomposite scan" as described in my post to Dave
first.

myidx="~"+IndustryID(1);

mktid="~~"+SectorID(1);
mktidstr="~~"+SectorID(1);

SetForeign(myidx);
idxc = C;
SetForeign(mktidstr);
mktc = C;
RestorePriceArrays();

fvb = Status("firstvisiblebar");
Plot( 100 * ( C - C[ fvb ] ) / C[ fvb ], "RP [%] " +
Name(), colorBlue );
Plot( 100 * ( idxc - idxc[ fvb ] )/ idxc[ fvb ], myidx, colorRed ,
styleLine );
Plot( 100 * ( mktC - mktc[ fvb ] )/ mktc[ fvb ], mktidstr, colorGreen ,
styleLine );

PlotGrid(0, colorYellow );

regards
Stefan