[amibroker] Re: Blind Freddy trend

Hello,

In reality you can not change the margin the
account has assigned.
Margin is set by your BROKERAGE. And brokerages
must obey SEC regulations.
Current regulations are that margin allowed is 50%
(in US)

You can not change it by yourself.

What you want to do is really investing less than
your buying power including margin is.
And yes you should use positionsize to vary
your risk exposure.

If you specify
PositionSize = -100;

you use only your own cash.

If you specify
PositionSize = -200;
it means use 200% buying power -> i.e. FULL 50%
margin.

If you specify
PositionSize = -150;

You use your own funds plus half of allowable
margin.
Best
regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE