From: "edwards_ca1" <edwards_ca1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 6:09 PM
Subject: [amibroker] AmiBroker, ^NDX, and TRIN

Is there something in AmiBroker that tells it that
^NDX consists of 100 Nasdaq stocks ?

Does AmiBroker know specifically which 100 stocks
belong to  ^NDX ?

I am wondering, because, otherwise how would AmiBroker know
how to calculate Trin for Nasdaq stocks by using:

TrinIndex =
 ( AdvIssues() / DecIssues() ) / ( AdvVolume() / DecVolume() );

Is it true that, for example, AdvIssues()
is calculated based on a group of stocks,
which is based on a particular Index,
which is based on the market for the stock being viewed ?

Thanks,
Steve

Check group FAQ at: