Re: [amibroker] Re: Why can't I see and download attachments

couple of points...
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
1)
Believe it or not but sometimes you can actually benefit from something you paid
for. It can make your life simpler, more enjoyable, it may educate you, and you
might even produce better systems. If you want to make millions by free
handicapping yourself. This goes for TA software, Plugins, data, compilers, and
yes; even some backbox indicators.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
2) If
you think it doesn't matter to publicly post your HG or best system on the
internet, well, I invite you to do just that. If you don't do it yourself than
don't try to get others to do it.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
3)
Finally, I am sure there are ways to make your formula pretty secure, you are
trading over the internet aren't you? Not worried about somebody intercepting
your passwords? We take chances all the time and porduct keys don't have to
function forever as systems changes all the time, nothing works forever,
certainly not a HG. Just think about all the legitimate products out there that
have a Software/Hardware Keys; if it didn't work they wouldn't use
them.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
This
is just my two cents worth, no more on this for me, back to developing a key for
my HG ;-)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Best
regards,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
  [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:48
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: Secure AFL?Importance: High
  Mark,

  So true.  Plus, to Fred's point, anything locked can be cracked with
  tools that are now free on the internet.

  So, why waste a talented programmer's efforts for the 0.1% looking to
  hock their wares or give copies to untrustworthy friends.  The other
  99.9% are literally licking their chops waiting for new features that Tomasz
  brilliantly implements.

  AB, Tomasz, and this board are a refreshing change from the garbage
  and frustrations associated with other TA platforms.  Let's not muck
  it up.

  Regards,
  Garymleonsprint <mleonsprint@xxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq
    used to feel we needed an AFL "LOCKER" and I do understand that some of
    the code written out there is the result of hundreds of hours (even
    thousands).  BUT I think if a person were to look at the bigger
    picture they would realize that even if they gave away the "holy grail"
    of systems it wouldn't matter.  Most people don't trade a system
    how it was "designed" in the first place to be traded. Second it is my
    opinion that if a system stops working like that it probably was not a
    sound system in the first place.  Very few systems have had that
    many people trade them to the point they don't work, their logic was
    flawed from the start........ I can think of NUMEROUS individuals who
    have given away their "system" and way of trading and it still continues
    to work.... IE... www.woodiescciclub.com  I think having open code
    forces individuals to be helpful and friendly about their code.  I
    am thankful for all the help I recieve and code that I have recieved
    from individuals.  That is one of the reasons that makes AB so
    unique.... NO black box crap like meta.... stuff........Just my
    thoughtsMark--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry
    <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:> It9s not for selling (in my case), but
    for giving to friends/associates> while preventing the
    possibility of a system getting out to the entire AB> community
    and beyond (conversion to MetaStock, TradeStation, whatever). I>
    also like Herman9s idea previously posted for testing systems with years
    of> development.> > I suspect anyone who has a
    fantastic system would probably like to share it> with friends,
    but not the whole world, lest it become not so fantastic.>
    > Terry> --> > > Hi Michael.S.G.,>
    Could you imagine the> > MSG> profiliation of AB tool like
    personalities if AFL could be> > MSG> locked.> >
    > > Or the parade of salesmen marching through this group
    selling> > black-box junk that, the only reason they are selling,
    doesn't work> > worth beans.> > > > Go
    away AFL code-lockers.  Whatever you are selling, I'm not even>
    > slightly interested.> >  > > Best,>
    > > > Yuki> >Check AmiBroker
    web page at:<A
    href="">http://www.amibroker.com/Check
    group FAQ at: <A

  Do you Yahoo!?<A
  href="">Y!
  Messenger - Communicate in real time. Download now. Check