Re: [amibroker] EOD source

Mark,

So true.  Plus, to Fred's point, anything locked can be cracked with tools that are now free on the internet.

So, why waste a talented programmer's efforts for the 0.1% looking to hock their wares or give copies to untrustworthy friends.  The other 99.9% are literally licking their chops waiting for new features that Tomasz brilliantly implements.

AB, Tomasz, and this board are a refreshing change from the garbage and frustrations associated with other TA platforms.  Let's not muck it up.

Regards,
Garymleonsprint <mleonsprint@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I used to feel we needed an AFL "LOCKER" and I do understand that some of the code written out there is the result of hundreds of hours (even thousands).  BUT I think if a person were to look at the bigger picture they would realize that even if they gave away the "holy grail" of systems it wouldn't matter.  Most people don't trade a system how it was "designed" in the first place to be traded. Second it is my opinion that if a system stops working like that it probably was not a sound system in the first place.  Very few systems have had that many people trade them to the point they don't work, their logic was flawed from the start........ I can think of NUMEROUS individuals who have given away their "system" and way of trading and it still continues to work.... IE... www.woodiescciclub.com  I think having open
 code forces individuals to be helpful and friendly about their code.  I am thankful for all the help I recieve and code that I have recieved from individuals.  That is one of the reasons that makes AB so unique.... NO black box crap like meta.... stuff........Just my thoughtsMark--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:> It¹s not for selling (in my case), but for giving to friends/associates> while preventing the possibility of a system getting out to the entire AB> community and beyond (conversion to MetaStock, TradeStation, whatever). I> also like Herman¹s idea previously posted for testing systems with years of> development.> > I suspect anyone who has a fantastic system would probably like to share it> with friends, but not the whole world, lest it become not so fantastic.> > Terry> -->
 > > Hi Michael.S.G.,> > > > Tuesday, July 27, 2004, 6:51:10 AM, you wrote:> > > > MSG> And lets hope it stays this way.   Could you imagine the> > MSG> profiliation of AB tool like personalities if AFL could be> > MSG> locked.> > > > Or the parade of salesmen marching through this group selling> > black-box junk that, the only reason they are selling, doesn't work> > worth beans.> > > > Go away AFL code-lockers.  Whatever you are selling, I'm not even> > slightly interested.> >  > > Best,> > > > Yuki> >Check AmiBroker web page at:http://www.amibroker.com/Check group FAQ at: <A
		Do you Yahoo!?
<a
href="">Y! Messenger - Communicate in real time. Download now.