[amibroker] Function related question....

Hello,

So called "change in Yahoo servers" was change
from
<A
href="">http://table.finance.yahoo.com

<A
href="">http://ichart.yahoo.com

This change has been made in AmiQuote 1.68 <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/download.html

AmiQuote downloads the data like Internet explorer.
There is no magic here.
AmiQuote uses InternetOpenURL function from Windows
API
<A
href="">http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url="";>

EXACTLY the same function is used by Internet
Explorer.
If there is no data on Yahoo server <FONT
face=Arial size=2>then AQ can not download them, Internet Explorer can not and
NO other program can.

As for problems, if you have them you should use
"FAIL-SAFE SETTINGS" (in AQ, Tools->Settings)
<FONT
face=Arial size=2>- as half of the problems is that people download too fast
(using more aggressive settings)
see <A
href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/x_troubleshoot.html
Other programs download way slower (do not use
multithreading) than AmiQuote and
thus do not trigger DoS protection mechanism on
Yahoo.
Best
regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr