RE: [amibroker] Help needed intra chart data

Dave:

Answers below:

--- Dave Merrill <dmerrill@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> - Does CSI categorize stocks by sector
> at all, like QP2 does?

Yes, CSI has sectors and industry info for its stocks, but
that part of the export to AB is not yet functional.

A recent newsletter from CSI hints that a future version
will export this grouping info to AB.

> - Are any fundamentals available? If so, do they have
> history for them?

Yes, but there is no history. Also, at present that
fundamental info does not get exported to AB.

The fundamentals include: shares outstanding, % held by
institutions, number of institutions, beta, Total Net
income, PE for last 4 quarters, PE average of last 5 yrs,
dividend yield, 5yr Revenue growth, 5yr dividend growth,
option start date.

I have heard nothing about whether or not this fundamental
data will be exported to AB in the future. I have not been
listening for such news. However, there could be come major
technical challenges since CSI uses AB's native database to
store its data. As such it differs from TC2000 and QP2
which "pass" data to AB as requested. The CSI method means
AB can run at full speed using its native database
structure. But it also means that the limitations of the AB
database structure mean there are limited slots for
additional data - really only the "OI" field. It would take
some fancy workarounds to pack several items of fundamental
data into that single OI field. I would not hold my breath
on getting CSI's fundamental data into AB.

> - They don't carry mutual funds, right?

I am not sure. The "fact sheet" on my version of CSI
includes several thousand mutual fund tickers. I gave up
counting about clicking the score for 150 screens full
(about 40 row per screen). That got me in the mutual funds
starting with "E". For example,
FCONX = "Fidelity Conrafund II"
EVCLX = "Eaton Vance CT Municipals FD CL B"

However, none of these are exported to AB. Also, even
within CSI's own program no charts could be pulled up for
the 5 mutual funds I tried at random. Perhaps my
subscription does not include mutual funds. Or perhaps,
there is a switch to set in CSI. My interest is just
stocks, so I have not explored this. I would suggest you
send CSI this question.

> - I assume they carry a healthy selection of indices?

A quick count shows over 200 indexes (including dozens and
dozens of sector indexes from Dow Jones and S&P as well as
the typical ones). For example:
@DJ6-I = DowJones US Beverage sector
@GS21-I = GSPALUM = S&P Aluminium
NDX-I = Nasdaq 100 Index