[amibroker] Some basics I am missing perhaps

<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>Thanks for the update b, good to know about the state
of that art. Couple quick questions:
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>- Does CSI categorize stocks by sector at all, like QP2
does?
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>- Are any fundamentals available? If so, do they have
history for them?
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>- They don't carry mutual funds,
right?
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>- I assume they carry a healthy selection of indices,
yes?
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>Thanks,
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>
<SPAN
class=323404617-24072004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>CSI
  data is a *lot* easier to import into AB today than itwas 12 months ago,
  or even 6 months ago. But it is notperfect yet. I am looking forward to
  CSI's 2.8.1 version ofits program.For reasons that make sense to
  me, I have set up 2databases in AB for CSI data. One database is
  just used for trading so it does not need"inactive" stocks - that reduces
  the export time from CSIand it speeds up scans in AB. Speed of export is
  alsoincreased by just exporting 250 days of data - I do notneed 10
  years of data for trading decisions. Time required for updating is
  around 30 minutes/day whichincluding the download from CSI, CSI's updating
  of its ownnative database, CSI's export to AB and AB's saving of
  theupdate. All these steps are more or less automatic: I start AB and
  CSI's UA and start the CSI download and comeback in 30 minutes to close
  CSI and click on the savebottom in AB. My second database includes
  the full history (10years ormore if one pays for it) for inactive as well
  as activestocks. To make one of these databases takes a couple
  ofhours. I make a new research database once a month sincethat is
  often enough for my backtesting purposes. Just to be clear: I update
  the trading database daily but Inever update the testing database - I
  always make a newtesting database from scratch. Why? Because if a
  stock'sticker changes it will end up in any updated database.
  CSIexports data to AB, but CSI does not have a way to deleteany ticker
  from AB. Multiple tickers for the same stock arenot a problem in my
  trading database because my scansexclude stocks that have no data for the
  most recenttrading date. But in my testing database, those
  duplicateswould muddly the results a bit - probably not all thatmuch,
  but I like to work with a pure database and creatinga new database in AB
  only takes a couple of minutes.There are still a few additional
  wrinkles in the CSIexperience. Some have reported that the CSI export to
  ABstill "drops" a few stocks. I noticed that a lot when CSIbrought out
  its first version of automatic export to AB,but CSI has managed to reduce
  that problem to the pointwhere I do not notice it all that much - but
  according tosome other users it is still present to a degree. We
  areall waiting for the next release of CSI's UA (2.8.1) whichhopefully
  will solve this problem entirely.Also CSI's export to AB exports
  "everything", so you getCanadian and British stocks along with US ones. It
  alsoincludes preferred shares. But in most cases those foreignand
  preferred stocks just get in the way - at least theyget in my way. So I
  have put them into watchlists. Thatsaves time by just running tests on US
  stocks and it givesmore realistic test results (unless one is also
  planning toactively trade in Canadian and British stocks as well
  asUS). I expect one of the future CSI versions will removethose
  foregin stocks. CSI charges extra to view them inCSI's own program so I do
  not think they will continue togive them away for free. Most users will
  likely be glad tosee those stocks go. For those who are interested
  in testing strategies onCanadian stocks, you should run separate tests for
  stockson the Toronto exchange (identified by a "-T" in CSIticker) and
  the Vancouver exchange ("-V"). The former ismuch like the NYSE. The latter
  has a *lot* of speculativestocks. I do not think there is any US exchange
  that wouldcompare to the Vancouver exchange.