RE: [amibroker] Intraday data chart

<SPAN
class=016512618-23072004>Very few languages allow non-alpha-numeric characters
besides underscores in variable names. The simple reason is that these
characters have other meanings that would lead to ambiguities. For instance,
MyVar+MyOtherVar / 2 is a legal expression of the addition of two variables
and division by 2, but things would be a lot more complicated if that '+' sign
might be part of a variable name. The program would need advanced rules to
resolve that potential confusion, and worse yet, we'd need to memorize
them.
<SPAN
class=016512618-23072004>
<SPAN
class=016512618-23072004>Dave Merrill
<BLOCKQUOTE
>"Identifiers
  are arbitrary names of any length given to functions and variables.
  Identifiers can contain the letters (a-z, A-Z), the underscore character
  ("_"), and the digits (0-9). The first character must be a
  letter."I've confirmed through experimentation that AB won't accept
  other characters in a variable name.  Why this limitation?  As
  long as the name begins with a letter, has no spaces, and is followed by
  an equal sign, wouldn't that be enough to confirm that it's a variable and
  nothing else?  It'd be nice to be able to use the full range of
  characters and
signs.