Re: [amibroker] Need help with SetBarsRequired...

Herman,
In my EOD database I panes are filled from top to bottom.
I have some "slow" indicators [which take some time to give the final
graph] gathered in the same sheet.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> if you work Real Time the charts refresh at the tick rate, this is
often
> faster than the refresh rate you selected in Preferences. With high
volume
> stocks the lag from one pane to the next may be small. There has to
be a
> processing order for panes, no way to get around that, however i do
not know
> the order.
>
> herman

Thanks for
> the sample code.
>
>   I want to have a price chart at top of screen and several
indicators
> below... and Static variables would be ideal to tranfer data to the
> indicators from the price chart....
>
>   However, I recall somewhere that the order of processing is not
guaranteed
> by AB. As I understand it, it is usually top to bottom, but not
necessarily
> so. I beleive it is processed in order of creation... which may
also mean
> that the order of processing changes if you edit one indicator....
>
>   If indicator #2 is processed before price chart, then the value
received
> by ind. #2 will always be one processing step behind.  I am not
sure if this
> creates a real problem or just a minor error - that might even be
> undetectable - but it's something that needs addressing and it's
importance
> would be application dependent
>
>   Have you come across this as an issue?
>
>   Ara

StaticVarSet()
> and read them whenever you need the value with StaticVarGet().
Works like a
> dandy for me! Remember you may need to initialize the variables on
the first
> pass, i use an IsInitialized variable for this:
>
>     Reset = Param("Reset Static Variables",0,0,1,1);
>
>     if( IsEmpty(StaticVarGet("IsInitialized")) OR Reset) // An
Optional
> Reset is done with a Param() item
>     {
>     //... add your own variables here ...
>     StaticVarSet("DownTicks",0);
>     StaticVarSet("UpTicks", 0);
>     StaticVarSet("IsInitialized",1); // This is set once for every
AB run
> and is never reset
>     }
>

>     //... add your own variables here ...