[amibroker] Re: Help with syntax required to get program started wanted :-)

Hi,

I'm trying to follow some examples and I'm getting stuck.

I've copied and pasted the below example from the manual. I've added
the buy and sell = false statements.

When I click Scan, nothing happens. I don't see any output. What am I
doing wrong. Thanks.
----------------------------------

Buy=False;
Sell=False;

VariableA = 5; // implict global variable

function Test()
{
   local VariableA;  // explicit local variable with the same
identifier as global
   global VariableB; // explicit global variable not defined earlier
                     // may be used to return more than one value from
the function

   VariableA = 99;
   VariableB = 333;
}

VariableB = 1; // global variable

"Before function call";
"VariableA = " + VariableA;
"VariableB = " + VariableB;

Test();

"After function call";
"VariableA = " + VariableA + " (not affected by function call )";
"VariableB = " + VariableB + " (affected by the function call )";