RE: [amibroker] AmiBroker 4.58.0 BETA released

There are numerous Amibroker Gurus worldwide who are very proficient users
of Amibroker.  I am encouraging them  to VOLUNTEER to become screeners of
potential new content to be added to the  UPDATED/EXTENDED VERSION ONLINE
link. Then,  when I click on it, I would actually see NUMEROUS examples in
GREAT DETAIL of  how to use the particular function that I am reading about.
It would be of enormous help to me when I am trying to learn about a
function that I have never used before.

TJ should allow such a  group of Amibroker Guru volunteers, to screen all
suggestions for additional  "FURTHER EXPLANATIONS"  before they are posted
to the ONLINE VERSION.  This would be a minimal task for TJ, and would be
an enourmous help to new trial users, new users, and I bet that even some of
the Gurus would benefit from seeing NUMEROUS examples in GREAT DETAIL. This
would almost certainly measurably increase the rate at which trial users
become paid Amerbrokerians.

The explanation below of CUM() by Graham is an example of what can be added
by Volunteers to the Online Manual in order to improve it a lot more than TJ
just did with this improvement.

All Amerbrokerians should be allowed to send suggested explanations to the
Gurus for possible addition to the online manual.   Many of us will be able
to help clarify  some of these concepts to non-techie users.
This is Graham's explanation of Sum();

Sum adds up the last "n" number of bars. It sums whatever you put into the
first part of the sum formula.
Cum(1) adds 1 to the previous value of Cum, so the first bar is 1 and it
just keeps adding one to the last bar value of cum(1). You can use Cum to
add anything, like how many times you get rising days in the entire chart
Rise = C>O; //this gives results of 0 or 1
TotalRise = Cum(Rise);

You could limit this as well to time periods, or any other condition
Example would be one for total rise days since 1995
RecentRise = C>O and Year()>=1995; //this gives results of 0 or 1
TotalRise = Cum(RecentRise);

If you wanted to know how many rising days in the last 12 bars you would use
LastRises = Sum(Rise,12);

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Graham