  >From:
  <A title=telecard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">Collectable Images
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 7:34 AM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] CONDITIONAL
  Looping??

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Hello herman,
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>thanks for the response.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  The
  SAR was I guess a red herring. I did not explain clearly what I was
  meaning.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  The
  turtles did what i am suggesting (trying to do). They only allowed an entry in
  the long direction if the previous entry in the opposite direction (the short)
  failed.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  wil try to put it simply.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>BUY Rule Triggered LONG ENTRY
  TAKEN.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>If Stopped out = No.  Then
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Sell Signal reached. Close out trade.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>If Trade was profitable then continue looking for next Long
  trade.
  <FONT face=Arial
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>If Stopped out = Yes. Then Close out
  trade.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Find the Sell signal (asuming no stop out occured). <SPAN
  class=796441511-09072004>If Trade would
  have been profitable then continue looking for next Long
  trade.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2><SPAN
  class=796441511-09072004>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2><SPAN
  class=796441511-09072004>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>If trade is not profitable then
  next Buy signal is NOT TAKEN as an Entry.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Monitor for next sell signal and
  see if trade would have been profitable.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2><SPAN
  class=796441511-09072004>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>If trade would have been
  profitable flip so nex tbuy signal is taken as
  atrade.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Dittto for the Short
  rules.

  T<SPAN
  class=796441511-09072004>his is the closest I have found so far. I need to put
  in some way to test whether trade would have been profitable and to include
  or  exclude trades based on whether the prefious one in that direction
  was profitable or not.
  <SPAN
  class=796441511-09072004>
  <SPAN
  class=796441511-09072004>
  EnableScript("VBScript");hh = HHV( close, 250 );// buy rules
buy = Close == myruleshere; //conditions 1 and conditions 2

// ensure that sell is an array,
// sell = 0 would set the type to numbersell = buy;

<%
	close = AFL("close")
    buy = AFL( "buy" )
    sell = AFL("sell") 	' this variable holds last buying price
    ' if it is zero it means that no trade is open
    lastbuyprice = 0 	' iterate along the array
    for i = 0 to UBound( close )
       sell( i ) = 0       ' Remove Buy signals if trade was already initiated
       if( lastbuyprice > 0 ) then
       	  buy( i ) = 0
       end if       ' if there is no open trade and buy signal occurs
	   ' get the buying price
       if ( lastbuyprice = 0 ) AND (buy( i ) = 1) then
          lastbuyprice = close( i )
       end if       ' if trade is open and sell condition is valid
       ' generate sell signal
       ' and close the trade
       if (lastbuyprice >0 ) AND ( close( i ) > ( 1.1 * lastbuyprice ) ) then
       	  sell( i ) = 1
          lastbuyprice = 0
       end if
    next    AFL("buy") = buy