RE: [amibroker] Re: Intraday Intensity Indicator

Werner,
you wrote you have some EXCEL signals.
You should change them in an ASCII form in order to import them into
Amibroker.
Your signal is
01.03.04  Long
01.08.04  Short
01.17.04  Long
Since you can not import words, assign 10 for long and 20 for short.
Your signal now is
20040103,10
20040108,20
20040117,10
Add a name [say INTCA] and fill the rest columns

INTCA,20040103,10,10,10,10,10
INTCA,20040108,20,20,20,20,20
INTCA,20040117,10,10,10,10,10
Now import this ASCII form into amibroker.
The INTCA is already created [via the composite scan] and has zero
OHLCV. The new data will "update" INTCA .
The result will be an INTCA ticker with zero OHLCV except the signal
dates.
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Werner" <WKRAG@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris,
> thank you for your helpful suggestion.
>
> I understand the first part of your answer (creating an artifical
> ticker with the ADDToComposite).
>
> I do not understand the 2nd part of your answer. So once I have the
> newly created AddToComposite, then what? Are you referring to a
MERGE

<TSOKAKIS@xxxx>