From: mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 12:35 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] PlotShapes Help

Below, TJ's answer directly below, I have pasted  an email that I NEVER
SENT, because  PlotShapes started  working OK right after I created this
email.email.

Now that I have seen this answer by TJ regarding plotshapes, I would
appreciate seeing further detail of his answer that I have pasted below.

 I don't want to bother TJ about this since my problem stopped, at least for
now.  This post is continued below TJ's answer.
Hello,

Although I don't see full formula I guess that the reason is as follows:

styleOwnScale can be used IF and ONLY IF there is OTHER Plot statement
without styleOwnScale.

In other words there must be at least ONE Plot statement WITHOUT
styleOwnScale.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com
===============
This is the email that I DID NOT send.>>>

I started using plotshapes only a few weeks ago, and I am strating to see
strange things  happening with PlotShapes.  A few days ago, a plotShapes
code that I was using would suddenly stop working, and then later it would
be working again. This is the code which gave me the problem>>
PlotShapes(IIf(Buycond,shapeDigit1+shapeNone,shapeNone),colorGreen);

When this first happened,   I thought I discovered the cause . I clicked on
different chart tabs, and when I came back to the tab with this code in it,
it was working again.  This code switched from working to not working
several times, but it now has been working in the indicator window where I
origionally started using it.

The code below is now doing the same thing, and I just started using it
today.  It worked and stopped working a few times, but now I can't get it to
work at all anymore.

Xkd=Cross(StochK(14),StochD(14));
PlotShapes(IIf(Xkd,shapeUpArrow+shapeNone,shapeNone),colorGreen,0,20,20);

This is the CONTINUATION  of this email>>>>I just pasted the PlotShapes that
you see in the  line directly above, and it works OK.

Directly below here is the code that produced the above described PlotShapes
problem..  This code meets the requirements that TJ describes above.
However, I just changed ALL of the plot statements to Styleownscale, and
PlotShapes still works, so I am obviously not understanding what TJ is
saying in his answer above. Can anyone shed light on the problem that I had.
Ron D

PlotShapes(IIf(Thisone,shapeDigit1+shapeNone,shapeNone),colorGreen);

//PlotShapes(IIf(SetupDip, shapeDigit1 + shapeNone, shapeNone ),
colorGreen );

Plot(greenline,"greenline",colorGreen,styleLine);

Plot(blueline,"blueline",colorBlue,styleLine);

Plot(XBluGrn,"buyX",colorGreen,styleOwnScale);

Plot(StochK(8),"redline",colorRed,styleThick);

Check group FAQ at: