From: louwcoetzer [mailto:lcoetzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 12:29 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Please confirm this !!!

Hallo all !

Just a quick question.  I have created a backtest for some criteria.
I am using the stopTypeProfit and stopTypeLoss to control trades.
The SELL signal and COVER signals are:

Sell = TimeNum()==170000;
Cover = TimeNum()==170000;

Thus, if the trade is not stopped out vie a profit target or a
stoploss and it is still open at 17H00 it will close the position and
take what is on the table or in the rubish bin :-)

What I ahve noticed during the backtests is that there are many
transactions that were not closed by any of the above criteria...it
would appear as if the profit nor the loss has been met, and a new
signal is given in the mean time, it would close the existing
position.

Is the true or am I doing something wrong here ...

Kind regards and thanks in advance !

Louw Coetzer

Check group FAQ at: