-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:34 AM
CSI TECHNICAL SUPPORT wrote:

>I found your Amibroker instructions here:
>http://www.csidata.com/ua/howtoguide/AmiBroker.html
>The AB setup instructions seem clear (except #6 says to choose Distribution
>3 while the screen shot shows only an Amibroker choice).

Fixed. Thanks.

>I also found your Program Updates page which say that 2.8.1 has solved all
>the Amibroker issues. When will this be released?

Waiting to hear back from testers.

>So, the questions:
>
>How would you load actual prices vs. split-adjusted prices?

Unadjusted price is stored in the Open Interest field.

> Can you load both? If so, does it require two separate database?
>What data is loaded?
>If the fundamental data is not loaded, how can it be accessed?
>Is there a way to compact it into a spare AB field?

Not available.

>It appears that the nightly download must be done with UA. Then (in the
>same process) UA completely rewrites the AB database. Is this correct? How long
>does this take with 10 years of history. An approximate answer is fine. Are we
>talking 5 minutes, 50 minutes or 5 hours. What if actual and split prices are
>used?

>From the How-To document,
14.  Every day, UA will automatically update your AmiBroker database, and
overwrite the history of stocks which have had dividends or splits.  If you
wish to discontinue this updating, go back to step 7, and uncheck the box to
the left of "Export all stocks to AmiBroker".

15.  If you ever create a new database in AmiBroker, to reimport the UA
stock history into your new database go back to step 7. Check the box next
to "export history with next download".  Then download and distribute.

TH Note: The "how long" question was not answered.

>Is any daily data (for the current day only) available? How would that get
>to AB? Specifically, Iım interested in getting index data such as the COMPQ/
>RUT at 3:45 Eastern, but really I need to know their values occasionally
>during the day. These values must be in combination with the history or
>the indicator will not calculate properly so it seems they need to be in the
>AB database. Is this possible?

We do not have intraday data.  I don't know if it is possible to update a UA
generated database with a different datasource.