[amibroker] eSignal

Collectable

A suggestion is to always have a buy/sell condition as an
unique event. This means it happens on a single bar, rather than many bars. This
helps by immediately removing many unwanted signals. This will save many
headaches later on when you want to condition the sell around the buy bar or
price.

Cond10 = Cross( H, PMH);

Buy = Cond10;

The buy price should then be tied to the day of purchase,
per buy signal and tradedelays.

BuyPrice = Valuewhen( Buy, Max(PMH + 0.01, O) ); //if you
had trade delays set to 1 then use ref(Buy,-1)

The finding highest since the lowest of the last 20 bars
could be this (just an alternative way of doing it)

DaysMH = highestsincebars ( L = ref( LLV( L, 20 ), -1 );

To answer your original problem, you have set the trade
delays to 0, so when it looks for PMH this is defined as the high before the
buy signal, so on the day of the buy it will see only the value of the day
before for PMH. Hope this is not confusing <font size=3
face=Wingdings>L

In your PMH and PML you use valuewhen but you need to
actually define a unique occurrence for this to be useful, else it just looks
at any old possible bar.

>PML = ValueWhen(  <font
color=red>L== LLV<span
> (L, Ref(n, -1)),    L, 1); //finds the value
of low at lowest low date
PMH = ValueWhen( H== HHV<font
color=blue> (H, Ref(DaysML, -1)), H, 1); //finds the
value of high at highest high date

Hope I have helped a bit, and not confused the issue too
much.

Cheers,
Graham
http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/