RE: [amibroker] Re: Global Parameter??

Hi Janco,

Many thanks for your reply. I read the description of CCI function at
the AB website. As I understood it, the CCI function in AB calculates
the price based on closing price (CLOSE) and the other function CCIa
uses H+L+C/3 (average of High, Low, and Close price values). Woodie
uses CCI that is based on H+L+C/3. In order to be consistent I want
to use H+L+C/3. I will be grateful if you can tell me how to modify
the code you have described to:

1) plot the CCI based on H+L+C/3

2) eliminate the Turbo CCI (i.e. the 6 period CCI)

Can you also tell me if the CCI and CCIa function in AB use the 0.015
factor in their calculation to "normalise" the CCI?

Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Rama.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "janco0202" <janco0202@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here you have two versions of ther Woodie CCI:

> Plot(CCI(6),"CCI 14-6",colorDarkYellow,styleLine);
> Plot(CCI(14),"",colorRed,styleLine|styleThick);
> Plot(CCI(14),"",colorBlack,styleHistogram|styleThick);
> Plot(200,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(-200,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(100,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(-100,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(150,"My line",colorBlack);
> Plot(-150,"My line",colorBlack);
> Plot(50,"My line",colorBlack);
> Plot(-50,"My line",colorBlack);
> Plot(0,"My line",colorYellow);

> /*red bars : downtrend
> **green bars: uptrend
> **blue bars : trading-range
> */
> T = 14;
> Title = "301-4  " + Name () + "   "  + FullName() + "  "
> + "CCI" + " 14  " + "periods:" + WriteVal(T);
> MaxGraph = 5;
> Graph2 = CCI (T);
>
> Uptrend = 100;  Downtrend =  -100;
>
> Graph2BarColor = IIf (Graph2 > uptrend, 5,
> IIf (Graph2 < downtrend,4,6));
>
> Graph4 = Graph2;
> Graph4Style = 4;
>
> Buy = Cross (Graph2, 0) AND (Ref (Graph2,-1) < 0) AND (Ref (Graph2,-
> 2) < 0)AND
> (Ref (Graph2,-3) < 0) AND (LLV (RSI(9),10) < 30) AND Cross (RSI
> (9),50);
>
> Plot(200,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(-200,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(100,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(-100,"My line",colorOrange);
> Plot(0,"My line",colorBlack);

> I think I taked both formulas from Amibroker support pages....
> I don't remember.....
> You can change the parameters, for example,
> CCI 20 for swing trading, etc.
> CCI 20 works well for 1 hs and 4 hs time frame.
> CCI 14 works well for 5, 10, 15 min. time frame.
>
> Rgs,
>
> Janco
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ram_frca" <ramfrca@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am new to this group. I am considering the purchase of
AmiBroker