RE: [amibroker] What's wrong with this backtest?

dorzfn,

I've used a percentage range, this is easy to change if need be.

function UpsideBreakFromRange ( Period, DesiredRange )
{
/*
Function returns True if an upside breakout occured during
the specified PERIOD and the calculated percentage range is
less than or equal too the desired percentage range.

Input Parameters:
Period - Represents the number of bars prior to the current bar.
DesiredRange - The maximum allowable percentage range.

Output Parameters:
The function returns True if a breakout has occured within the
specified period and range, otherwise false is returned.
*/

        Breakout = False;

        HighestHigh = Ref( HHV( High, Period ), -1 );
        LowestLow = Ref( LLV( Low, Period ), -1 );
        CalcRange = ( ( HighestHigh - LowestLow ) / HighestHigh ) * 100;

        Breakout = IIf( H > HighestHigh , True, False ) AND
                 IIf( CalcRange <= DesiredRange, True, False );

        return Breakout;
}

// Buy if the price has broken out from a 3%
// 14 period trading range.
Buy =  UpsideBreakFromRange( 14, 3 ) == True;

Regards,
William Peters
www.amitools.com